Friday, February 12, 2016

Response to the 1939 Milton, MA, Postcard Diaspora Mailing

Just received an email from the current occupant of the home in Milton, Massachusetts (see this entry).

Hi Chris:
     I received the postcard you sent that was addressed to what now is our home. The little history of the home that I know is that it was built in 1925. My wife moved to this house when she was six months old in 1956. Her parents purchased it from J___ and P____ L______. I do not know how long they had owned the home. My wife and I moved in after her parents had passed and have lived here since 1989. I have attached a picture of the home. Thaks for sending this along I am now going to do a little more research on the previous owners.
Jim & Sue 

PS: the original postmark is Feb. 4, 1939 just a little more than 76 years ago last week. Wow!

No comments: